This unit celebrates math and science through the research, fabrication and testing of a working trebuchet. Concepts covered are: potential energy, work, velocity, acceleration, efficiency, iterative design simulation, experiment and analysis, cost, precision, accuracy.
- Research-What we all need to know
- Measurement Exercise
- Right Triangles and Trigonometry Exercise
- Calculations for a counterweight bucket component
- Energy Exercise
- Projectile Motion Exercise
- Calculating Initial Velocity
- Trebuchet data
- Launch and Collect!
- Changing Factors Changes Results
- Trebuchet Challenge Part I
- Trebuchet Challenge Part II
- Trebuchet Games
Time: 10-15 Hours