HELIX ELECTRIC BASIC PROFICIENCY TRAINING
HELIX ELECTRIC CAREER INFORMATION SESSION
Information session for candidates interested in careers at Helix led by STEM 101 was held on Wednesday, Feb 28 at SNWC with 59 participants. Session was supported by Michael Turner, Field Operations Manager and Nick Lombardi, Craft Training Manager from Helix Electric.
HELIX ELECTRIC BASIC PROFICIENCY TRAINING SESSION
Session was held on Friday, March 2 at SNWC with 29 participants. Session was led by STEM 101 Master Instructor, Chris Strzok, EdD and supported by Leslie Anderson, Regional Talent Acquisition Manager from Helix Electric.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
SOUTHERN NEVADA WORKFORCE CONNECTIONS:
- Marketing, facilities and coordination with STEM 101.
- Helix program development.
- Coordination between SNWC and Helix.
- Project resource sourcing
- Ranking of candidates.
- Filming of session to develop training tutorial for future replication.
- Staff to contribute to both the candidate information and training sessions.
CANDIDATE RANKING SYSTEM
STEM 101 evaluation system is designed to eliminate gender or cultural bias. Each participants is identified by number only. Candidates are evaluated in (5) areas and scored on a scale from 1 to 4 based upon performance.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others to complete an assigned task.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and non-verbal with others tocomplete an cialis acheter assigned task.
- Demonstrated ability to follow instruction and complete an assigned task.
- Demonstrated ability to complete assigned tasked regarding electrical circuitry.
- Candidate completed assigned tasks and then independently sought out other candidates to support in their assignments.
27 of 29 candidates successfully completed the training and received Helix Electric Basic Proficiency Training certificate of completion. Certificate holders were ranked in order of preference (1 - 27) and qualify for interview. Candidates who are hired will immediately begin a (5 day) Helix Electric Bootcamp before being assigned to a job site. Electrician apprentices at Helix Electric earn $14.00 per hour, health benefits and enroll in the ABC Electrician Apprentice program. Candidates earn a $1.50 per hour raise every 6 months.